Thursday, November 02, 2006

My Mom



I just got through looking at these pictures of my Mom & eldest sister, Chelsea. Mom went to visit Chelsea & her girlfriend of almost 10 years last month and they obviously had a blast. To anyone who doesn't know my mom, it'd be hard to explain just how different she is. For starters, she'll never believe she's getting older and you wouldn't believe it either if you talked with her, she's crazy--in the good kind of way. She wears T-shirts that say "I bite" and "I love Irish boys". She talks and prays really loud when we go on walks together through a neighborhood (sometimes hers, sometimes not.) She has a soup addiction and sometimes can't bring herself to cook anything else. She pulls people aside that she's only known for 2 minutes and asks them if they have Jesus in their heart. If they say no, she insists that they've got to have Him. She makes special names for anyone she loves and says them in the most love-filled way, it makes you think you're this incredible person. Anyway, I just feel so special to have a mother that I can talk to about ANYTHING and have her say "Oh, I've done that twice." Unconditional love comes naturally to this woman and I've never felt more comfortable, beautiful, accepted and cherished as when I'm with her. She's sees the talent, ability and drive that I never see in myself and she's always pushed me to use it--thanks Mom, I love you.

2 comments:

Miss B said...

I love your Mom. She's wonderful. Happy birthday to her. :)

Anonymous said...

your mom is so cool happy birthday to her