Saturday, November 25, 2006

Thank You




My God, I have never thanked Thee for my thorn! I have thanked Thee a thousand times for my roses, but never once for my thorn. Teach me the glory of the cross I bear. Teach me the value of my thorns. Show me that I have climbed to Thee by the path of pain. Show me that my tears have made my rainbow. —George Matheson (1842-1906)

Thank You, God, for my cesarean. Thank You for the last year of financial difficulty. Thank You for the humbling circumstances we found ourselves in. Thank You for the loss of friends because it's made our friendship so much deeper. Thank You for the absence of my other half because it's given us a reason to work on being more whole. Thank You for taking a past love home to be with You, I know he's happy now. Thank You for the many long days & nights that Wynter was sick, we feel so much stronger from it. Thank You for the insecurity of not being home yet. Thank You for the frustration of not knowing when we'll be done here & able to start again. Thank You for the thorns because Your roses reach our hearts with a much fuller scent now. We love You.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you Julie. It's nice you two have a blog now. You guys look absolutely amazing!!
Abi

Christian & Julie said...

Dear Abi, thanks for commenting and please know that you're lovlier than ever, such a beauty. We love you!

Miss B said...

Thanks for sharing that, Julie. You're beautiful, inside and out.

Christian & Julie said...

Love you always, Haven.

Anonymous said...

Amen to all that! Tough times only make you stronger. You're one of the sweetest people I know & I pray that you can get to your new home soon.-
Esther T.

Christian & Julie said...

Love you, Maria, thanks for commenting, you're so sweet. It was so fun to meet you, you're adorable. Love to Sam! --Julie

Liz said...

i'm glad I found your blog, julie. That was a gorgeous post. I love-a you.

Christian & Julie said...

Love you too, Liz! XOXO!