Monday, November 06, 2006





We had a wonderful weekend. We got back last night from visiting Feli (best friend for as long as I can remember), her guy Gabe & their dashing young one, Kevin (almost 4). We hadn't seen them for over 2 years so it was very special for us to be able to meet up before leaving for Guatemala. Feli's the reason I moved to the Dominican Republic back when I was 18. She's also the reason Christian and I are together because she played a very active game of matchmaker, ahem! Feli & I were daily outreach partners and before Christian and I had had our first kiss, Feli would tell me in between stores what mine & Christian's kids were gonna look like! Crazy but effective if I may say so myself. :) Feli arranged our first date & came along with us as I was so freaked out of being alone with "one of them". (The way I looked at guys at the time, with horror.) If there is such a thing as a completely loyal friend from whom you never hear things said about you behind your back, I would have to nominate Feli as 1st prize winner, she's great. Anyway, I could write a book about the adventures of Feli & Julie--hey, maybe I will! But for now I'll leave you with some pictures of our Blue Ridge Mountain hideaway.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics. I love you both so much!! Feli & Julie are both true friends.

Christian & Julie said...

So sweet, Esther--Muah!

Miss B said...

Oh, wow! So nice to see pics of Feli. She looks so much like Angela now, I thought it was Ang in the picture at first. If you see her again or are in touch with her, please send her my love.

Christian & Julie said...

of course, Haven! I love you and yes, we'll tell her. XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

wow i was like named after her!

John and Mireille said...

It is true! I was in Mexico and Feli was so fun going out witnessing with and a happy kid that when Carmel was born we picked Feli for her as it was such a beautiful name.

Feli does not know that as I don't think I ever saw her after that. Did get to see Lisa, Angela and Andrew though.

Christian & Julie said...

Yes, we remember that story, Phoebe, we're gonna have to get Feli to read your comment so that she can feel special. :) Love you guys, XOXO!

Anonymous said...

Feli, I miss you. If you read this post write me eva.marie@abmc.net

xxxx