Friday, October 13, 2006

Sorry Mike!

So today I discovered there's more to blogging then just typing--you actually have to use your brain. Pity. I had my settings set in such a way that only Blogspot account holders could comment on our beautiful postings, the shame! All things change though, and now all is well--Mike, we're looking forward to hearing from you.
So, what's new with us ? We'll be going to Nashville next week, Christian was given a job that entails building a bridge and 2 arbors. Our deadline for being in the States is 'til the beginning of November so we're expecting miracles!
Wynter has a pure hatred for my guitar so it's a rare gem of a moment when I can play it, so the miracle I'd like to testify of is that the Lord just gave me a song the day before yesterday in the midst of my daughter's spite. PHN! (Praise His Name) But really, she hates the guitar, it's absurd. She beats it and screams at me when I play it--I think she wants to be the only one I play with--so not gonna happen. Anyway, the song is called "To The World" and it's an LJ song I wrote about a vision I have quite frequently, mostly when meditating.
Umm, I made Curried Split Pea Soup w/ Cornbread Muffins lastnight. I try to keep dinner original w/ all sorts of health benefits so that we don't have guilty tastebuds. I think it was a success--with the exception of Wynter. I think she thought I was trying to get her to eat something else if you know what I mean, Split Pea Soup bears a distinct resemblance to that thing we should never discuss at the dinner table (or on my blog.) Ahem! I should go now. Love y'all!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogworld, Julie! Happy to have you on here. It was great seeing you at the seminar. Love you so much! So glad that you're still singing and writing songs. :) I'll pray that Wynter changes her mind and decides to love your guitar so that you can continue to get songs. I love your style!

Praying for you! xoxo

~Boo

(P.S. Come visit my blog! www.littleglasspieces.blogspot.com)

Anonymous said...

Cool, now I can comment! Great to have a spot to keep up with you guys!

Christian & Julie said...

Love you Boo and love your style too! Actually, I was just thinking about you yesterday because I was singing your song (Truthful Facade)Very cool lyrics and tune. I love you and it was so good to see you at the seminar, I'll be frequenting your blog now. :) XOXOXO, Julie

MarieAnne said...

Yes let's hope Wynter changes her views on this. Kids are funny like that no? Like the parent who LOVES taking pictures their kid ends up hating the camera. Hmmmm Well, all things change and I'm sure she'll grow out of it!

Christian & Julie said...

So encouraging, Marieanne. I think I'm just gonna strum away and let her get used to that, ha! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Yey! Yey! You have a blog. So now I can finally keep in touch with you and know what you're up too.

About Wynter hating the guitar...my son Adrian was the same way for the first 5 years of his life. He'd beg "Mommy please don't sing". But now he's finally into it and asks me to sing him to sleep. That's probably not encouraging...since it took him 5 years to get to that point. I think it's all because they get jealous and want all the attention. One day they'll be thankful.

Christian & Julie said...

Haven, that is mildly encouraging. I'll stay strong. I love you too much!