Monday, October 23, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MAUREEN!!!



I was given a gift the day Maureen was born, and I hadn't even come into the world yet! Maybe she was my incentive to go down to the place where I'd learn so much and also enjoy so much. Sometimes when I hear other people tell their childhood stories or memories I get shocked at the things I hear because I didn't know how random it actually is to have an almost perfect childhood. We really were blessed growing up, with travel, music, performing and being treated like royalty in many cases even though we've been called the paupers. I have so many pictures in my mind of times spent with Maureen, in most of them we're laughing uncontrollably. She never treated me like I was beneath her or younger than her, I was always her equal and we shared eachothers joys and sorrows. To be given a sister who is also your best friend is a gift that never gets old, only better with time. Life has gotten tougher and we don't laugh as often as we did when we were kids but when we do, it's hard to stop. Maureen knows my deepest secrets because I know they're safe with her. She's never judged me for the times in my life when I didn't even know who I was and hurt her in the process, she forgives and forgets and builds on tomorrow. Thank you, Maureen, for choosing to come down here and be my protector, my prayer warrior, my best friend and my counselor. And thank you for going through the extra rough times you've been through because you saved me from going through the same things, I'm always learning something new. :) I pray this new year is filled with the answers to your prayers. You're dearly treasured. I love you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday maureen i love you soo much

Anonymous said...

Julie, you are my other half & I love you more then words can say...thank you for believing in me, I love you always!!!xxxx Reenie

Gabe Rucker said...

Amazing eyes....Happy Birthday!

Christian & Julie said...

She does have amazing eyes, doesn't she?

MarieAnne said...

Love you Maureen! Happy Birthday! I'm so glad I got to live with you...twice! Your a wonderful,beautiful person! xoxox