Monday, January 08, 2007

The substance of things hoped for




Hello my dears! I was battling depression the past 3 days and that is why you haven't heard from me, because I don't want anything but upbeat, positive, uplifting, praise-filled words to fall on your lovely ears! So, I'm happy now because I have the victory which is......drum roll, please! --Faith! Yes, simple childlike faith. What a discovery and how much lighter I feel now that I've stopped trying to fight God in His plan for my life. (In relation to Christian being away all this time and the many delays he's encountered in his fundraising and trying to make it home to us.) So, yesterday I told Jesus that I don't want to be stubborn and questioning Him anymore. I made a pledge in front of a friend (Renae) that I will not utter one single word of doubt regarding our situation and I will keep an attitude of faith and humble trust, knowing and expecting that God will do a miracle. The minute I said those words I felt lighter and then lighter until I was happy again and free to make other people happy too! So cool. I'm a believer, hahah! So, I'll post some pix on this page so that my sermon can be accompanied by some scenery. I LOVE ALL OF YOU! Ciao!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admire you, Julie. You've alwas been a sample of faith & trust. I know the Lord will answer your prayer.

Christian & Julie said...

So sweet, Esther, you're always an encouragement.
Love you tons! Glad you're happy in your new home! XOXO!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.